Movies. Television. Theater. Music. Teaching. Spanish language and culture. Family. Friends. Travel. Random facts.
This page will however just focus on the education part of me. If you would like to read more on my other interests such as movies, television, theater, music, travel and other random things, please follow my blog "Entertain Me".
I welcome your comments and thoughts. Please send me any questions if you have any. I'm pretty open minded overall and suggestions are welcome.
You can also
I’m curious, since I was asked a similar question in my interview today.
Google Docs! We are one-to-one in iPads and so many of my studenta try to so their homework in the Notes app, which is a nightmare for formatting. Also, this helps them not to lose things and I can check on their progress throughout the week.
I’m going to need to add a few apps, programs, etc. to Google Docs. Google has numerous apps that I have been able to apply in my classroom in a number of ways.
1. As a language teacher, I use Google Voice for students to call in assignments that require them to speak.
2. To practice their vocabulary, Quizlet.com, Quia.com and Cuecards. All different forms of electronic flashcards that students can use to review. Quizlet also includes a test feature and the different games that students can play (Space Race is a favorite). Quia also has flashcards and games as well as a quiz feature for which teachers can create their own or borrow from other teachers who have created similar activities.
3. polleverywhere.com is a new one that I had discovered during a conference. It allows anonymous polling of students as a way to check for understanding.
4. ActivBoard= for everything.
5. edmodo.com is a free resource that I can use safely in the school setting. All members of the community are instructors of varying experiences. Great for networking and sharing ideas. Students love it because it is so easy to use because it is very similar to the Facebook format in so many ways. You can create assessments, share links, documents, as well as the usual discussion board.
6. Twitter= even if it is just for quick announcements or answering questions outside of the school setting.
I may need to go back to this post at a later date and add some more, but I have come to a blank slate right now.